Welcome to our review of PrizeRebel, the online rewards platform that promises to help you earn while you participate in various activities such as surveys, offers, and more.
In today’s digital age, platforms like PrizeRebel have gained popularity for offering opportunities to make some extra cash or gift cards from the comfort of your home.
In this review, we’ll delve into the nitty-gritty of PrizeRebel, examining its features, pros, cons, and overall usability. So, if you’re contemplating giving it a go or just curious to learn more, you’ve come to the right place.
Before I start…
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
- PrizeRebel is a GPT (get paid to) rewards platform where members earn rewards like gift cards, cash, and merchandise for completing tasks like surveys.
- It has over 12 million members worldwide, with a significant user base in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia. Only allows individuals aged 18 or older (16 with parental permission).
- PrizeRebel is a survey aggregator connecting users with surveys from various market research companies.
- It is often blamed for a high disqualification rate due to demographic misalignment, quick responses, industry affiliations, or VPN/adblocker usage.
- VERDICT: PrizeRebel is a legitimate and trusted survey site. It is superior to many survey sites but has a notably high disqualification rate.
What is Prize Rebel?
PrizeRebel is a popular GPT (get-paid-to) rewards platform launched in 2007.
Members engage in various tasks and activities to earn rewards such as gift cards, cash, and merchandise.
The website has amassed over twelve million members worldwide, with a significant user base in the UK, USA, Canada, and Australia.
PrizeRebel is essentially an online platform that lets you get paid by taking surveys, completing various tasks, and participating in offers.
Think of it as a way to make a bit of extra cash or snag gift cards by investing some of your time. You answer surveys, maybe watch some videos, or even try out different products, and in return, you accumulate points.
These points can later be exchanged for prepaid Visa cards, PayPal cash, or other exciting rewards they offer, including gift cards for popular retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Starbucks, and even merchandise.
It’s a convenient option for folks looking to earn a little something on the side, although it’s worth noting that it’s not a guaranteed path to substantial income — it’s more about pocketing some perks while navigating through the tasks they provide.
How PrizeRebel Works
PrizeRebel is a survey aggregator, acting as a platform that doesn’t conduct its own market research but connects individuals with surveys sourced from various market research companies.
(If you are looking for surveys, read about The Top 5 Surveys That Pay Cash Instantly [plus 15 Hidden Gems])
The platform acts as an intermediary between companies seeking consumer insights and individuals looking to earn rewards.
Companies use PrizeRebel to gather market research and opinions through surveys and other activities, while users benefit by earning rewards for their time and participation.
As such, PrizeRebel is popular among those seeking a flexible way to earn a little extra money or obtain gift cards for their favorite stores.
Therefore, the survey-taking experience may differ from survey to survey, offering a variety of topics and lengths.
Compensation on PrizeRebel is in the form of points, each worth one cent. These points can be exchanged for gift cards, online games, cash via PayPal, or participation in raffles and contests, which means that there is flexibility in how you can redeem your points.
The redemption options start at just 10 points for raffle tickets, providing a low threshold for entry into contests. You can also redeem points for gift card rewards starting at 200 points.
To optimize survey participation, you should work on your timing. By this, I mean that you should find surveys that are available based on your time zone.
For example, if you are in the U.S. and Canada, the best surveys tend to be available on weekdays, between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., while weekends, especially Sundays, typically have fewer surveys and offers.
As you participate in a survey, be prepared for “attention check” questions, aimed at ensuring attentiveness and honesty during the survey. These quality control measures often prompt specific instructions or ask you to select certain answers to confirm your engagement.
Each survey comes with an expected completion time. These will help you know beforehand how long you will take on a survey and you can plan everything accordingly.
How to Join PrizeRebel
PrizeRebel has a straightforward registration process and you must be either eighteen years of age or older or sixteen years of age with parental or legal guardian authority and permission to join.
They only allow one Account per person or per household and to enforce this, they may request that you provide identification information such as a driver’s license or passport.
To sign up, simply provide your basic information such as name, email address, and password on the home page.
Alternatively, you can register through your Facebook account or your Gmail account.
This initial step is easy and straightforward, making it accessible to anyone looking to become a member of PrizeRebel.
After successfully completing the registration, you’ll gain access to the main PrizeRebel dashboard. This dashboard serves as a central hub, presenting a user-friendly interface for your navigation.
It gives you a clear overview of the diverse money-making opportunities available to you within the PrizeRebel platform.
This inclusive approach ensures that you can easily explore and engage with the various avenues to earn the rewards and incentives that PrizeRebel offers.
PrizeRebel is known for its high disqualification rate (note that it’s not PrizeRebel that disqualifies you, but rather the company conducting the survey).
Why do you get disqualified?
According to PrizeRebel, survey providers have specific criteria and qualifications that you must meet to undertake successful surveys. Disqualification occurs if:
- Your demographic or location does not align with what the survey is seeking.
- You are taking surveys too quickly or providing inconsistent or untrue answers.
- You are working in certain industries or have previously taken a survey related to a particular product or service.
- You are using a VPN or adblocker.
If you find yourself getting disqualified from a majority of the surveys you attempt, that should explain things.
How Much Will You Make on PrizeRebel?
PrizeRebel has a spectrum of surveys that pay anywhere from 16 cents to $4.70. When you complete a survey, you will get paid in points and it is those points that you convert to dollars.
In What Ways Can You Make Money On PrizeRebel?
PrizeRebel offers multiple ways for you to earn points and rewards.
PrizeRebel is a survey aggregator that connects you to various survey opportunities from different market research companies.
Some of the surveys you may find on Prize Rebel include OxSample Router, Precision Sample Surveys, Tap Research Surveys, Your Surveys, Samplicious Surveys, and Cint Daily Surveys, just to name a few.
Unlike some aggregators that bundle surveys, PrizeRebel is more transparent, allowing you to pick and choose which partner platforms you want to engage with.
In our assessment, we found eight different survey platform options within PrizeRebel, each functioning in slightly distinct ways.
For example, the Innovate survey platform presented the highest-paying surveys (ranging from $4 to $5) but demanded the most time (15-30 minutes) and personal information (full name and contact number). Conversely, the Peanut Labs platform had shorter surveys but offered lower average pay.
This diversity in survey options allows you to tailor your survey experience based on your preferences.
PrizeRebel’s “Offer Walls” section allows you to accumulate points by undertaking various tasks and promotions offered by the partners.
The Offer Walls page has a list of partners, along with details on the specific actions you need to take and the corresponding points you can earn.
These tasks might be watching videos, signing up for services, or requesting free samples in exchange for a set number of points.
The platform grants access to multiple third-party offer platforms like Peanut Labs, AdGate, and OffToro, each with different types of offers.
For instance, AdGate often involves downloading and playing games for points, while OfferToro offers often revolve around signing up for nonprofit memberships or requesting free samples.
The tasks range from downloading coupons and applying for student scholarships to completing surveys and more.
Note that while some opportunities are free, the majority are paid offers, necessitating an initial investment to qualify for the reward (although the reward often exceeds the cost).
You can watch short videos on your desktop for points. You don’t earn many points per video but it is yet another way to make money.
Account Level Extras
Prizerebel has a loyalty bonus system where accumulating points through various tasks and referrals leads to increased account benefits.
There are five tiers: Bronze, Silver (starting at 1000 points), Gold (starting at 2500 points), Platinum (starting at 7000 points), and Diamond (starting at 12,000 points).
If you reach the Gold level or above, you earn automatic rewards claim codes if they are available.
Participating in contests and games
You can boost earnings by engaging in contests, raffles, and the high-stakes Lucky Numbers lottery game. There are regular sweepstakes that allow you to win prizes by using your points to buy virtual raffle tickets.
If you like taking chances and appreciate some occasional gambling, this is an enjoyable way to use your points.
The “Win” section lets you participate in a digital lottery involving raffles and a lucky numbers jackpot, with an option to earn extra points based on their performance over a two-week period.
You can enter raffles by purchasing tickets at 10 points each, each with a chance to win prizes like gift cards, points, or prepaid credit cards.
For the lucky numbers jackpot, 20 points give you a chance to win, and you are allowed to “buy” up to 50 tickets weekly. Prizes vary based on matching numbers, and the jackpot amount fluctuates depending on rollovers.
Additionally, contests reward you based on your completion of offers on Offer Walls, successful survey completions, or points earned through referrals.
The “My Winnings” page allows you to track your winning history in these contests.
It’s important to note that using points for raffles or the lucky number jackpot has a gambling element to it, and the odds of winning are typically low.
You can join the PrizeRebel Affiliate program to start making money off of referrals.
Upon registering a Prizerebel account, you’ll receive a unique referral URL.
When you refer someone to the site, you can earn between 15%-30% of the points they accumulate, determined by your account level status (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond).
For example, if they earn 1000 points ($10), you will earn 300 points ($3.00).
This ongoing bonus excludes promo codes, contest winnings, and the referee’s own referral earnings.
The platform has a user-friendly dashboard to track your referrals and the earnings they have generated for you.
Apart from its primary features, PrizeRebel has several engaging add-ons to enhance your user experience. These include:
- Promo Codes: Keep an eye out for promotional codes periodically released on PrizeRebel’s official Facebook and Twitter accounts. Redeeming these codes grants you free points, a little extra perk for your time and participation.
- Chrome and Firefox Extension: Installing the PrizeRebel browser extension ensures that you get timely notifications about processed awards and available promo codes. Additionally, it allows for a quick check of your account status and easier monitoring of your referral rewards, streamlining your PrizeRebel experience.
- Daily Challenge Bonus: Each day presents a timed challenge on PrizeRebel. Successfully meeting the challenge within the designated timeframe earns you bonus points. What’s even better is that if you manage to meet the daily challenge for five consecutive days, you not only complete the daily challenge but also unlock the five-day challenge, earning extra bonus points.
How You Get Paid on PrizeRebel
You get paid in either cash or gift cards.
Rewards processing is efficient, typically completed within 24 hours; notably, higher-tier members like gold status members receive their rewards instantly upon request.
Besides gift cards, you can opt for PayPal cash payments or ACH bank transfers when redeeming your points, with redemption possible starting from just $5 worth of points.
PrizeRebel has an extensive rewards catalog featuring over 500+ gift card options, surpassing most competitors in variety; the catalog continues to expand with new additions.
Special discounts on select gift cards are periodically available and prominently displayed on the rewards page.
You can redeem a $2 Amazon gift card for a mere 200 points, ensuring a convenient and accessible redemption process without requiring extensive time commitment.
At PrizeRebel, you have the option to redeem your points for either a PayPal cash payment or a Visa prepaid gift card.
Notably, you can request a $5 reward with just 500 points in your account, providing a quicker path to cash rewards compared to other platforms where you often need to accumulate more points before such cash payments become accessible.
This flexibility in reward redemption is a distinct advantage offered by PrizeRebel.
In addition to our own experience, we read third-party reviews when evaluating PrizeRebel to gain a comprehensive understanding of what the platform offers.
These reviews, usually written by unbiased individuals on third-party platforms, provide an insightful glimpse into both the strengths and weaknesses of PrizeRebel.
They offer a balanced perspective, presenting the platform’s strong points, such as its legitimacy and diverse money-making opportunities, and shed light on the downsides, like the high disqualification rate.
By delving into various reviews, you’ll be better equipped to make an informed decision, weighing the pros and cons, and determining if PrizeRebel aligns with your goals and expectations.
We found reviews on sitejabber, where PrizeRebel has a 3.5 out of 5 ratings.
The reviews range from positive to negative, with the majority being positive.
PrizeRebel has garnered a spectrum of user feedback, reflecting a mixed experience among its user base. Many users have praised the platform, particularly appreciating how fast the payments are dispatched when you reach the cash-out threshold.
This efficiency has contributed to a positive perception of PrizeRebel, highlighting it as a platform that values paying people on time.
On the flip side, a portion of users have expressed frustrations over non-responsiveness and disqualifications after investing time in surveys.
These users find their experiences ruined by disqualifications despite dedicating time and effort to complete surveys.
Like Diego, who had a subpar experience on the site.
Diego does not trust PrizeRebel because he spent time participating in a survey but never got paid yet the service already had his information:
“Not enough work for everybody: You’ll have to answer surveys before you can answer PAID surveys. You’ll end up working for hours without receiving anything, because you’re never “a match” for the “paid” surveys. Problem with that is you already wasted a lot of time and effort answering their probes and the companies already got the data they wanted without paying you anything.”
We didn’t just settle for sitejabber. We went searching for reviews on other platforms.
On SurveyPolice.com, a user called Peter from the UK said:
“Great website to use – completely legit and once you hit the right tier (which does not take long!), rewards are instant!
Any problems encountered are dealt with on their side with the utmost speed and efficiency
Another user called Julian from the UK said
“I`ve been using PrizeRebel for about 2 months now and it works fine, you won`t retire on what you make but you will put a few extra pounds in your pocket through the week, myself last I had about £25,not an earth shattering amount but it certainly helped 🙂 Recommended site by me, had no issues whilst using it”
There was a negative review by Jack from the US who said that his experience was hit and miss:
On the issue of protecting the data you share with third-party services, PrizeRebel says that you have to read the terms of those services before you commit. They basically steer clear of any blame.
Here is what it states on the PrizeRebel “Terms and Conditions” page.
“Our Service uses and may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by PrizeRebel.
PrizeRebel has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the availability, content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.”
This means that in Jack’s case, he has no recourse if he feels that his data is being misused.
On Trustpilot, PrizeRebel has a 3.8 out of 5 rating.
On the site, there are positive reviews. Like this one from someone who has been making money:
That amount of money is plausible since surveys don’t typically earn you a lot of money.
- Withdrawal is easy. You can request a $5 reward with just 500 points in your account, providing a quicker path to cash rewards compared to other platforms where you often need to accumulate more points before such cash payments become accessible.
- PrizeRebel employs an account-level system, therefore offering increased benefits as you accumulate more points through regular activities and referrals. You can unlock account level extras, including rewards claim codes, from Bronze to Diamond tiers when you reach certain point thresholds. This tiered system provides an additional incentive for consistent engagement and growth within the PrizeRebel platform. For example, getting your rewards at the beginning takes around 24 hours for them to process but it speeds up once you hit the gold tier – we’re talking 10 minutes for the money to hit your PayPal account, which is not too shabby!
- You’ll find a variety of survey partners clearly listed on PrizeRebel. Each partner comes with their own set of opinion surveys, and this setup makes taking the available surveys a breeze, especially if you prefer certain partners over others. Unlike some other platforms that bunch surveys together, PrizeRebel lets you pick and choose, which is a huge plus. It’s a lifesaver when you’re not a fan of a specific survey partner—no more being stuck with them.
- There are monthly promos. Every month, PrizeRebel runs a survey promo that dishes out more points than the regular deals.
- The support team is quick with the replies, and really attentive to whatever issue you’re facing. Honestly, not much to complain about in that department.
- They have a massive selection of surveys. You can even filter them based on point value and time needed.
- When it’s time to cash out, they’ve got a bunch of options for you. The PayPal cash-out option is a winner – you can pick your own amount and collect every cent you’ve earned.
- PrizeRebel has a high disqualification rate, which limits the opportunities you have to make money. You also get a relatively low hourly pay rate when you calculate both completed surveys and disqualifications. Taking into account the time spent attempting all the surveys and the additional time invested in answering screening questions, their pay rate is low.
- The most frustrating aspect is dealing with survey glitches. Technical issues can be expected, but it’s annoying when something doesn’t work when it is supposed to because you lose progress and don’t get paid. We can understand that it’s not PrizeRebel’s fault as they don’t host the surveys, but it still causes inconvenience.
- The disqualification rate is notably high, causing frustration and resulting in a less-than-desirable pay-per-hour rate. Some surveys might disqualify you after you are well into the survey, which is very frustrating.
- Weekends don’t always offer a wide array of surveys.
- Moreover, it’s worth mentioning that PayPal withdrawals are only an option once you’ve attained “silver” status.
- The default setting for sortable surveys is “best,” but, those didn’t always turn out to be the most lucrative options based on our testing.
Is PrizeRebel Legit?
PrizeRebel is a legitimate platform and a trusted survey site.
Its user-friendly website, extensive gift card options, and generous payment system distinguish it from its competitors, making it a reputable choice for those seeking to earn through online activities.
While individual experiences might differ, PrizeRebel has established a credible reputation over its 15 years of existence, offering diverse opportunities to earn instant rewards and money.
The substantial number of members and payments made to the community testify to its legitimacy.
While PrizeRebel has its share of criticism, not all of it comes from a helpful place.
Reading people’s views, we found that unrealistic expectations are rife as some users anticipate quick and substantial earnings without fully comprehending the nature of survey and task-based platforms. If you have interacted with survey sites, you know that disqualifications and limited survey availability are part of the experience.
On top of that, some users may not take the time to read and understand the terms and conditions, leading to disappointment or frustration. A crucial piece of advice is to always carefully read the terms before agreeing to get involved in a survey.
In the end, while PrizeRebel offers earning opportunities, it may not yield sufficient income to make ends meet. You should be aware of these aspects to manage your expectations and approach PrizeRebel, or similar platforms, with a more realistic perspective.
While PrizeRebel is a legitimate option for earning extra money online, it may not be the best overall paid survey site as there are other platforms you should look into that will offer a better pay rate, survey inventory, and low cash-out amount.
In conclusion, PrizeRebel is a legitimate platform with a multitude of opportunities to earn money.
Our experience highlights its superiority over many other survey sites due to its authentic income-generating potential.
The PrizeRebel platform is also user-friendly and generally glitch-free. The amount of money you make for completed surveys is reasonable (for a survey) and the cash-out process is uncomplicated.
However, it’s important to note the platform’s notably high disqualification rate, which can severely impact your earnings and prove frustrating and time-consuming.
As such, you should manage your expectations, understanding that while PrizeRebel offers viable ways to make money, relying on surveys and similar avenues solely may not provide a sustainable income to meet essential needs.
Therefore, we encourage you to explore alternative online income streams for a more stable financial foundation. If you diversify your approach to making money online, you can ultimately have a more reliable and satisfying financial journey.
Before you leave
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
David Fortune has been the editor NoBSIMReviews.com since 2019. He is an expert at writing content on stock advisory services, side hustles, reviewing online business opportunities and many more topics. You can learn more about David on our about us page.