Starting a profitable blog can feel overwhelming, especially sorting out the business side of things. But veteran blogger Cate Rosales of Sweet & Simple Life aims to simplify the process with her Becoming a Blogger course.
Cate promises to provide a streamlined system to establish the business foundations often glossed over by blogging courses. Her goal is to help students start monetizing faster by simplifying tasks like getting set up legally, accounting, taxes, and more.
In this post, I’ll be giving you an in-depth review of Becoming a Blogger after thoroughly researching the course and looking into Cate’s training style, topics covered, and whether the course succeeds in making blogging business basics approachable for beginners.
As an experienced online business owner myself, I understand the frustrations of sorting through confusing administrative requirements.
I assess if Cate’s course provides clarity or just adds to the hair-pulling. If you want an honest look at whether Becoming a Blogger simplifies the not-so-fun stuff, you’ll find out here!
Before I start…
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
- “Becoming a Blogger Course” by Cate Rosales on Teachable is a comprehensive program designed to guide learners through the process of launching a blog, monetizing it, expanding their social media presence, mastering email marketing, and transforming their blog into a business.
- Cate Rosales has successfully helped over 200 students launch and profit from their blogs in less than a year with this course.
- The course focuses on simplifying the business side of blogging to help learners make money quickly and easily. It is not focused on technical aspects but on strategic and content aspects.
- The course costs a one-time payment of $147, providing lifetime access and future updates. It offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, with a requirement for proof of having gone through the course.
- VERDICT: While the course is suitable for beginners, it may not meet the needs of more experienced bloggers. It offers a reasonable starting point for new bloggers.
What is Becoming a Blogger Course?
Becoming a Blogger Course by Cate Rosales (on teachable) is meant to be a detailed roadmap, guiding you through the process of launching a blog, generating income from it, expanding your social media presence, mastering email marketing, and ultimately transforming your blog into a genuine business.
Cate Rosales has assisted over 200 students in kickstarting and profiting from their blogs in less than a year with Becoming a Blogger.
Her motivation to create this course stemmed from the overwhelming number of inquiries from her readers who wanted to replicate her success.
She realized that providing individual coaching was too time-consuming alongside her existing workload.
To streamline the process, she developed this self-paced program tailored for new and hobby bloggers looking to monetize their blogs effectively.
By the end of the course, new bloggers are armed with all the tools they need to initiate, grow, and profit from their blogs.
Cate offers step-by-step instructions for each of the primary revenue streams commonly utilized by bloggers.
Additionally, she provides comprehensive lists of sponsored networks, affiliate networks, guest posting opportunities, media outlets, promotional groups, and more, making it an invaluable resource for aspiring bloggers.
- A list of the top affiliate networks every blogger should join
- A list of 50+ sponsored networks every blogger should join
- A list of 30+ companies that will pay you to write for them
- Access to 50+ Facebook groups you can use for promotion
- Access to 60+ Pinterest groups you can use for promotion
Her primary focus is on simplifying the business side of blogging to help you make money quickly and easily.
There’s no fluff or unnecessary complexity; it’s all about practical, straightforward guidance to minimize struggles on your blogging journey.
Cate also shares her personal experiences every step of the way.
She provides a comprehensive view of the pros and cons of each major blogging income stream, empowering you to make informed decisions.
But it doesn’t stop with the course content. Cate also offers daily support to a large community of bloggers in her professional blogging group. All course students are invited to join this group, where they can request help and guidance.
Requirements To Take Cate’s Becoming a Blogger Course
Before enrolling in this course, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind:
- Self-Hosted Blogging: Cate strongly recommends starting your blog on a self-hosted site, specifically using Siteground and WordPress.org. While you can choose your own hosting company, the course’s tutorials primarily focus on Siteground. Notably, it doesn’t provide much guidance for free blogging platforms like WIX, Weebly, or Blogger. If you’re aiming to build a profitable blogging business, these platforms are not recommended. So, if you’re looking to create a blog for free, this course might not be the best fit for you.
- Realistic Business Expectations: Treating your blog as a serious business from the get-go is advised. Cate emphasizes that success will require time, patience, and investment. You need to have realistic expectations and understand that purchasing the course won’t lead to overnight wealth. It will cover crucial aspects of building a profitable blog, but you still need to put in the effort to make it a reality.
- Not a Tech-Focused Course: This course is not centered on technical aspects or WordPress training. While it does offer links to useful tools and resources for learning the technical side of blogging, the primary focus is on finding your audience, growing your readership, creating quality content, and generating income through various streams. If you’re looking for comprehensive technical training, this course isn’t designed for that purpose.
In essence, this course is geared towards those ready to invest in building a profitable blog business and focuses on the strategic and content aspects rather than technical details.
It’s important to keep in mind that building a successful blog demands time and unwavering commitment, regardless of the learning resource you choose.
Cate doesn’t shy away from telling you that, as she openly acknowledges the hard work and dedication required.
Blogging, although enjoyable and flexible, requires a lot of hard work, particularly in the initial stages, as you essentially establish an online business from the ground up.
So, while the course may be a valuable resource for beginners, it’s essential to understand that blogging success hinges on your dedication and effort, regardless of the learning path you take.
Who Should Take The Becoming a Blogger Course?
Cate Rosales presents “Becoming a Blogger” as a platform primarily tailored to beginners in the world of blogging.
She emphasizes that the course is designed for those new to blogging and hobby bloggers who aspire to start earning from their blogs.
While there may be intermediate and advanced bloggers who also benefit from the course, the core content is aimed at those with limited experience in audience growth and blog monetization.
Who is Cate Rosales?
Cate Rosales, the driving force behind SweetandSimpleLife.com, is not just a blogger but a business strategist with a passion for helping aspiring entrepreneurs pave their path to success.
With over a decade of experience in blogging and remote work, Cate’s mission is to empower people, particularly women, to build their own blogging businesses, giving them the freedom to work from anywhere and make money on their own terms.
Cate is the real deal when it comes to making money blogging.
Armed with a degree in Business Management, Cate also brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the world of making money through blogging.
Her main blog, Sweet & Simple Life, has stood the test of time, having been a cornerstone of her online presence for several years (she has three others). What’s more, it’s not just a creative outlet; it’s a source of substantial income for her.
Cate’s story is an inspiring one. In just six months of side hustling on her blog, she was consistently raking in over $1,000 a month. Within a year of dedication and hard work, she made the bold move to leave her day job behind and work for herself full-time.
At the heart of her content is the theme of working from home, building a money-making blog, and finding that delicate balance between running your business and enjoying family life.
So, when it comes to the world of blogging and entrepreneurship, Cate Rosales is the go-to expert who not only talks the talk but walks the walk.
What is Included in The Becoming a Blogger Course?
Once you’re signed into the course on Teachable, you’ll find a total of 21 modules waiting for you. These modules are pretty substantial and filled with a lot of text.
While there are a few lessons with videos, most of the content is in text format.
The blogging course starts with some basic blogging information and then quickly dives into ways of making money through blogging.
More than half of the modules focus on how to turn your blog into a profitable venture.
Here is a quick summary of the content in the modules:
- Setting Up Your Blog: First and foremost, you’ll learn the art of setting up your blog the right way. From choosing the perfect domain name to selecting the right hosting provider, this course covers the foundational steps to ensure your blog’s success.
- Unlocking Sponsored Posts: Ever wondered how to score free products and cold, hard cash through sponsored posts? “Becoming a Blogger” reveals the secrets of this lucrative opportunity, showing you how to collaborate with brands and monetize your content.
- Crafting Engaging Content: You’ll dive into the art of crafting content that not only captures readers’ attention but keeps them coming back for more. Whether it’s informative articles, entertaining stories, or thought-provoking essays, you’ll learn how to create content that resonates.
- Mastering SEO: Search engines are your gateway to a broader audience, and this course equips you with the tools to optimize your posts for search engines. Get ready to harness the power of Google and other search engines to drive traffic to your blog.
- Monetization Strategies: “Becoming a Blogger” unveils the top 10 systems that successful bloggers use to make money online. From advertising to affiliate marketing, you’ll discover multiple avenues to turn your blog into a revenue-generating machine.
- Affiliate Marketing Mastery: Dive into a step-by-step guide for making money through affiliate marketing. Learn how to effectively promote products and earn commissions, all while providing value to your readers.
- Email Marketing Wizardry: The course delves into the world of email marketing, showing you how to harness the power of email to grow your blog’s audience and keep your readers engaged.
- Social Media Optimization: In today’s digital age, social media is a pivotal tool for blog growth. “Becoming a Blogger” guides you on how to optimize your social media channels to expand your blog’s reach and connect with a broader audience. This includes her successful Pinterest SEO strategy
Cate has a vibrant “Becoming a Blogger” Facebook group with over 38,000 members, where folks come together to ask questions, offer assistance, and share their blogs and social media pages.
It’s a supportive space where Cate encourages the community to connect and grow.
What’s cool is that Cate provides a lot of valuable content for free, and her private group is open to everyone, even those who haven’t purchased her course.
This open-door policy allows people to get a sense of her community, which is rare. So, if you’re considering joining, you can dip your toes in without any commitments.
What Are People Saying About Becoming a Blogger Course?
You know, it’s a bit surprising that there aren’t many reviews out there for “Becoming a Blogger.”
There are these on the order page but we’d have loved to see some on a third-party site/platform.
An honest review is like having a sneak peek into the course through the eyes of fellow learners. They can tell you if it lives up to its promises, whether people have actually made money from what they learned, and if it’s a good fit for you.
Nevertheless, just because you might not find a flood of reviews for a course like “Becoming a Blogger,” it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a subpar course.
There are plenty of courses out there with loads of reviews, but they don’t live up to the hype. Sometimes, they might have lots of students, but the content or teaching quality falls short of expectations.
When considering a course, especially one like “Becoming a Blogger,” it’s worth taking a closer look, maybe exploring the course curriculum, the instructor’s credentials, or even trying to find some more detailed information beyond just the reviews. Because sometimes, hidden gems are tucked away in courses that haven’t made it to the review spotlight yet.
Becoming a Blogger Course Pricing
Teachable offers full lifetime access for a one-time payment of $147, which also includes all future updates at no extra cost.
The course offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. The requirement for a refund is proof of going through the course, putting in the work, and not finding the content beneficial.
Pros of the Becoming a Blogger Course
- Clear, Step-by-Step Instruction: The course provides clear and easy-to-follow instructions for aspiring bloggers.
- Comprehensive Traffic Generation Methods: It covers various traffic generation techniques, including affiliate marketing, SEO, and social media.
- Affordable Pricing: The course is reasonably priced compared to other blogging courses.
- Honest Marketing: It doesn’t make overhyped promises or use shady marketing tactics.
- Practical Documentation: Cate Rosales shares her own successful business journey, including her mistakes.
- Useful Downloads: It includes handy resources like checklists and spreadsheets.
Cons of the Becoming a Blogger Course
- It appears that there’s no search option within the course. This can be a bit of a hassle since it has numerous lessons, making it a tad difficult to navigate or refer back to specific topics.
- Lack of success stories from students, which can make it challenging to gauge the course’s effectiveness. If you look at it that way, it doesn’t seem to be particularly popular, despite being available for a few years
- Unclear refund policy, which may deter some prospective students due to uncertainty about their investment.
Becoming a Blogger Course Alternatives
Here are some of the best blogging courses online
- Blog Growth Engine 4.0, created by Adam Enfroy, is an online training course designed to help individuals start, launch, and monetize their blogs. It offers a step-by-step system for blogging success, covering topics such as writing an engaging blog post, mastering SEO, effective link building, and driving traffic. Adam shares practical steps for establishing a profitable blog in the modern era.
- Food Blogger Pro is an online course and community primarily designed for food bloggers who want to create, grow, and monetize their blogs. The course covers various aspects of food blogging, including recipe development, food photography, SEO, social media marketing, and monetization strategies like affiliate marketing and brand collaborations.
- Scale Your Travel Blog is an online course designed for travel bloggers who want to enhance their skills and potentially earn a six-figure income from their blogs. What sets it apart is its personalized coaching, where Laura provides specific advice for individual websites and blog posts. The course promises actionable tips and step-by-step guidance to turn your travel blog into a profitable venture.
- Perfecting Blogging by Sophia Lee is an online course designed for individuals seeking to create a profitable blog. Sophia Lee, who has achieved over 500,000 monthly views and a 5-figure monthly income from her blog, shares the strategies she used to reach this level of success. Perfecting Blogging offers insights into increasing traffic, converting readers, improving SEO rankings, and generating income through methods such as affiliates and advertising. Sophia Lee’s course condenses her successful formula into actionable tactics for growth and monetization.
- Blogging Fast Lane is an online course created by Anna and Tom of Adventure In You blog. It is designed to teach you how to start and grow a successful, money-making blog within 90 days. The course covers various aspects of blogging, from choosing a profitable niche to setting up a WordPress blog, creating a business plan, content strategy, marketing, traffic building, and monetization through affiliate marketing, advertising, products, and services. The course is delivered through a membership site and includes video lessons, downloadable resources, case studies, Q&A webinars, a private community forum, and lifetime access. Anna and Tom, who have successfully built their travel blogging business, share practical strategies and tools to help students succeed. Whether you’re a beginner or an established blogger, Blogging Fast Lane aims to provide a comprehensive blueprint for quickly launching and making your blog profitable.
Others include the Six-Figure Blogger Course, Blogging Basics, and Blog by Number, just to name a few.
Our Verdict on Cate Rosales’ Becoming a Blogger
In closing, while Becoming a Blogger lacks customer success stories, it seems reasonably put together to help absolute beginners establish an income-generating blog.
Cate takes a straightforward approach to monetizing a blog biz that newbies may benefit from. She teaches about simplifying legal steps, accounting, taxes and other blocking and tackling.
For experienced bloggers though, the course will likely disappoint due to remedial content.
The course won’t automatically justify the investment (you won’t quickly build a million dollar company) but for brand-new bloggers willing to apply Cate’s prudent blogging tips and business foundations diligently, it provides a reasonably-priced starting point.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the primary focus of “Becoming a Blogger” Course?
“Becoming a Blogger” is designed as a comprehensive guide for launching and monetizing a blog, with a strong emphasis on strategies to generate income from your blog, audience growth, and content creation. It suits beginner bloggers.
2. Who is Cate Rosales, and what makes her an expert in this field?
Cate Rosales, the creator of the course, is a successful blogger with over a decade of experience in the blogging and remote work industry. Her own blog, Sweet & Simple Life, has been a source of substantial income for her and has empowered her to help others achieve similar success.
3. What are the main requirements to take Cate’s “Becoming a Blogger” Course?
To get the most out of the course, you should consider starting your blog on a self-hosted platform, specifically using Siteground and WordPress.org. The course focuses on this setup, so it may not be suitable for those looking to use free blogging platforms.
4. Is this course suitable for experienced bloggers or only for beginners?
While the course is designed primarily for beginners and hobby bloggers, more experienced bloggers can also benefit from it, particularly in areas like monetization and legal aspects of blogging (running a successful online business).
5. Are there success stories from students who have taken Cate’s Becoming a Blogger?
Unfortunately, there are limited publicly available success stories from students who have taken the course. This can make it challenging to gauge the course’s effectiveness.
6. What does Cate’s Becoming a Blogger cover in terms of content and modules?
The course includes 21 modules, covering topics like setting up your blog, sponsored posts, creating engaging content, mastering SEO, monetization strategies, affiliate marketing, email marketing, and social media optimization.
7. Is there a refund policy for Cate’s Becoming a Blogger?
The course offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. To be eligible for a refund, you must provide evidence of completing the course and not finding it beneficial.
8. What is the pricing of “Becoming a Blogger” Course?
The course offers full lifetime access for a one-time payment of $147, which also includes all future updates at no additional cost.
9. What is the overall verdict on “Becoming a Blogger” Course?
The course is positioned to help absolute beginners establish an income-generating blog, particularly by simplifying various aspects of blogging. However, it may not be suitable for experienced bloggers seeking advanced content. The course is reasonably priced, but its effectiveness is not widely documented through student success stories. Therefore, it’s a viable starting point for new bloggers who are committed to diligently applying the provided strategies.
Before you leave
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
David Fortune has been the editor NoBSIMReviews.com since 2019. He is an expert at writing content on stock advisory services, side hustles, reviewing online business opportunities and many more topics. You can learn more about David on our about us page.