As you look to expand your VA business, have you come across The VA Foundry’s Scale It Mastermind and wondered whether it is any good?
So, what’s the buzz all about, you ask? Well, “The VA Foundry’s Scale It Mastermind” has been making waves in the world of Virtual Assistants (VAs).
It is being marketed as a treasure trove of knowledge and strategies, hosted by Samantha Browne and Jo Jensen, two ladies who’ve got some serious street cred in the VA game.
In our in-depth review, we are going to cover it all; from what you can expect when you sign up to the ins and outs of the program. We’ll spill the beans on whether it lives up to the hype and if it’s the right fit for aspiring VAs looking to take their careers to the next level or build seven-figure VA agencies.
Before I start…
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
- The VA Foundry Mastermind is tailored for experienced VAs aiming for business expansion without more work hours. Covers advanced scaling strategies but includes basic VA insights.
- Samantha Browne & Jo Jensen are the brains behind VA Foundry’s courses, bringing two decades of VA experience each. Known for successful VA businesses, mentoring thousands.
- This Course covers advanced money management, team expansion strategies, and expert positioning. Focuses on specialized skills and boosting online presence to attract premium clients.
- VERDICT: The Scale It Mastermind is a robust course for experienced VAs seeking growth, especially in Australia and New Zealand. While the program caters to a specific region, its comprehensive content and mentorship make it valuable for established VAs worldwide.
What is The VA Foundry Mastermind?
The Scale It! Mastermind is an online training course tailored for established virtual assistants who want to take their businesses to the next level without working more hours. It’s all about scaling your VA business to increase your income.
This mastermind program is primarily aimed at experienced virtual assistants and although it covers advanced topics, it also provides insights into fundamental areas like website creation and hosting.
Now, if you’re new to the VA (virtual assistant) world, Sam and Jo have another course called “Launch in 30 days with Sam + Jo” that covers the basics as it is tailored to beginners.
The Scale It Mastermind is like the advanced sequel to that.
Sam and Jo, come from Australia and New Zealand, and while their course is ideal for those in their region, the principles they teach are universal.
So, no matter where you’re based, you can benefit from their insights.
If you’re a virtual assistant aiming to increase your earnings, attract more clients, and expand your team, the Scale It Mastermind is designed with you in mind.
It’s about learning from successful VA business owners who have been through the ropes, made their mistakes, and grown their businesses.
The Scale It! Mastermind course is offered at The VA Foundry. Let’s take a look at it:
What is the VA Foundry?
The VA Foundry is a platform, run by Samantha Browne and Jo Jensen where they share their treasure trove of knowledge and experience in the realm of being a Virtual Assistant (VA).
Samantha and Jo have been around the block, so to speak, in the virtual assistance game.
They’ve gathered up their know-how and expertise to help aspiring VAs kickstart their own successful ventures. It’s like a mentorship but in an online, learn-at-your-own-pace kind of way.
You can think of it as your virtual VA dojo, where you can learn the art of being a top-notch Virtual Assistant.
From the nitty-gritty of what a VA does to the ropes of starting your own VA business, they’ve got you covered.
A Closer Look At Samantha Browne and Jo Jensen
Jo Jensen and Sam Browne are the two founders of the VA Foundry which offers the Launch in 30 days and Scale It! Mastermind courses.
Samantha founded The Virtual Assistant Network of New Zealand back in 2019, while Jo kicked off her VA company, Strictly Savvy, in 2012.
Sam and Jo keep the VA conversation going with their blog on The VA Foundry and have their very own podcast where they dive into all things virtual assistant-related.
Sam Browne is your go-to guru for New Zealand business owners looking for a virtual assistant. With a whopping community of 3,000+ members, she’s well-connected.
On the other end of the spectrum, we have Jo Jensen, behind Strictly Savvy, a million-dollar VA agency. Leading a team of 30 talented individuals, she’s taken her VA business from $850K to a whopping 1.5 million in revenue in just two years.
In a nutshell, she knows how to run a VA agency.
Together, they’ve taught over 3,000 VAs, helping them kickstart and elevate their businesses. They’ve onboarded an impressive 570+ clients in their own practices over the last 11 years.
Are Sam and Jo Legit?
Samantha Browne and Jo Jensen are legit.
From our assessment, they have a pretty solid reputation in the virtual assistant world. People have been saying good things about their training and, of course, about Sam and Jo themselves.
This is not surprising considering that both Samantha and Jo have over two decades of personal assistant experience under their belts, which is seriously impressive.
They don’t just teach people, they’re running their own virtual assistant businesses, which is exactly what you want from the people teaching you how to start a virtual assistant business.
What Do You Learn In The VA Foundry’s Scale It Mastermind?
Let’s unpack what you’ll be delving into when you join “The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind” :
- Efficient Money Management: Learn strategies to increase your earnings without putting in extra hours. It’s about working smarter, not harder.
- Team Expansion Strategies: Discover ways to grow your team without the common hassles that come with scaling up, ensuring a smooth process.
- Positioning for Success: Understand how to present yourself as a top-tier virtual assistant, attracting clients willing to invest in your premium services.
- Specialization and Expertise: Gain insights on becoming an expert in a specific niche or industry, enhancing your value and marketability.
- Online Presence Optimization: Learn techniques to create a compelling online presence that magnetizes your ideal clients, setting you apart in the digital landscape.
- Mastering Sales Interactions: Grasp the art of impressing potential clients during sales calls, making a lasting impact and boosting your conversion rates.
- Building Confidence: Acquire strategies to boost your self-assurance, empowering you to take your business to the next level with conviction and poise.
- Scalable Business Models: Understand how to structure your VA business into an agency model that has the potential to generate substantial revenue, even reaching seven figures.
In essence, The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind is meant to equip you with the skills, strategies, and mindset necessary to elevate your VA business, ensuring sustained growth, financial stability, and professional success in the competitive virtual assistant arena.
The focus here is on giving you a comprehensive understanding of how to grow your virtual assistant (VA) business.
The 7-Step Formula
Sam and Jo have a smaller course called the 7-Step Formula that gives you a feel of how they teach their main course.
It provides foundational knowledge about the virtual assistant industry and gives you an overview of how to scale your own business. You will be introduced to some basic techniques used by highly successful VAs in attracting premium clients and managing multiple tasks efficiently.
The content is easy to digest, making it perfect for those who are just starting their journey of establishing a thriving virtual assistant business.
Who is The VA Foundry Mastermind For?
The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind is for virtual assistants from anywhere in the world (but best suited to New Zealanders and Australians) who want to find more clients and grow their teams.
If you have been a VA for a while now and want to grow your team or earn more money working alone, the Mastermind is something worth checking out.
Jo Jensen’s area of specialty is growing a VA agency.
Jo has been a VA for over 10 years and she’s grown her VA agency to the level where she has over 30 virtual assistants working for her.
She teaches you how to recruit, onboard, and manage your team.
Sam, on the other hand, teaches you how to become a high-earning freelancer where you work alone without having other VAs working for you.
Who is The VA Foundry Mastermind NOT For?
If you are just starting out, the Mastermind is not going to work for you since it is meant for established VA business owners with at least 2 clients on board.
If you are a newbie, you should check out their “Launch in 30 Days” course.
What You Get Inside The VA Foundry Mastermind
Here is what you get:
- You get unlimited access to the VA coaches, Sam and Jo. They provide all the guidance, advice, and support you need to grow your VA business or career. They offer weekly live coaching sessions via the private Facebook Group. Those take place every Friday at noon NZST. Plus, there are monthly group coaching calls on Zoom happening on the second and third Wednesdays at 12 NZST. And if you need some informal coaching time, they’ve got informal monthly coaching couch sessions on the last Wednesday of every month at 12 noon NZST.
- Access to the exclusive Members-Only Private Facebook Group. The live group coaching sessions are your space to ask questions, seek feedback, and join in on weekly and monthly group coaching sessions and challenges.
- They also have a mechanism for keeping you on track. It is a weekly accountability program where they set intentions and check in on your progress in the private Members-Only Facebook Group.
- The Mastermind Vault is packed with hundreds of templates, videos, and downloads to supercharge your VA business.
- Monthly themes. They bring in guest experts to share their secrets to success. Let’s face it, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach in business, therefore, hearing from other successful VAs can give you new ideas.
- The Monthly Book Club. It’s not just about business but also about nurturing a savvy business owner mindset.
- Access to the private Facebook group. Despite not having a massive number of members, it’s quite active.
When you dive into the core training, it’s neatly organized into six stages, and each stage is then broken down into steps.
In total, you’ve got 160 lessons, most of these are in text format, though some lessons do have videos. Now, speaking of videos, they come in all shapes and sizes—some short and others a bit long and more detailed.
We found the training to be quite information-dense as there’s a wealth of info packed in there.
They also have a search function in case you ever need to find something specific.
They’ve got worksheets and templates that are well-designed and add extra value to the whole package.
The VA Foundry Mastermind Reviews
There aren’t many reviews online of the Scale It! Mastermind.
With the VA Foundry Mastermind, the challenge lies in the number of reviews available without counting the ones on The VA Foundry website.
Sometimes, newer or more specialized programs might not have a flood of reviews like the more established ones.
This lack of abundance can make it a bit tricky to gauge the course’s effectiveness solely based on reviews.
But hey, the few reviews you found are gold! Even if they’re not in the dozens, each review provides a glimpse into someone’s journey through the mastermind.
They might share their successes, struggles, and overall impressions, giving you a taste of what you could potentially experience.
One former student says joining this mastermind was like finding the secret sauce for their VA journey. It gave them the support, structure, and connection they were craving. “It’s not just a nudge; it’s a rocket that zooms you out of your comfort zone, keeping you at the top of your game in the VA world. And the dynamic duo, Sam and Jo, are like your trusty sidekicks, always there to guide you through the VA adventure with a sprinkle of fun!”
Then we’ve got another student who’s singing praises about this being the best investment ever. They felt like they joined a fantastic team from day one. The course is a perfect match for their learning style—small, easy-to-digest chunks that walk you through the steps. It’s like having a coach to push you out of your comfort zone with those monthly challenges. They found the Facebook group very supportive. They credit this course for turbocharging their business growth and making them feel like part of a team even in the freelance world.
Next up, a student who’s been part of this VA shindig for a few years says they found the online community and monthly training via the private Facebook group helpful. “Sam and Jo are the real MVPs, acting like cheerleaders, cheering you on in your business journey. It’s like having a squad always having your back, ready to tackle any curveballs that the business world throws at you.”
Lastly, we’ve got a student who says this course is the ultimate blueprint for launching your VA business. The VA Foundry is like a treasure trove of knowledge and skills. “The community is the heart of it all, teaching you the how and demonstrating it vividly through practical examples. Even when you feel confident, this community keeps pushing you to grow within its supportive environment. Monthly subscriptions? Totally worth it!” They see the real value in the Facebook group, where they soak up wisdom from other VAs.
Some students have shared a few hiccups they faced and here are some of the main complaints we found:
First off, not all the monthly topics vibed with their businesses. Makes sense, right? One size doesn’t fit all, and sometimes you’re looking for a different flavor.
A few topics felt like they got cut off just when things were getting juicy. They would have loved those topics to be fleshed out a bit more.
Lifetime access is a big deal for some, and it seems like that’s missing here because you have to keep paying for access annually or monthly.
Understanding the course and how everything fits together seemed a bit puzzling initially for some students. It’s like trying to solve a tricky riddle. It took a while to get the hang of things for some.
Some complained that Facebook notifications can be a bit too much when you are a member of the group.
And lastly, the topics may not always serve up what you’re after especially since you are already working and you know the business.
The VA Foundry Mastermind Pricing
If you’re thinking about joining The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind, they’ve got two payment options:
- You can go with the monthly plan, which will cost you $247 NZD or $229 AUD per month, roughly around $154 USD.
- Or, if you’re up for a longer commitment, there’s the yearly plan, priced at $2470 NZD or $2290 AUD per year. This choice gives you a sweet deal because you essentially get two months for free compared to the monthly option.
And here’s the good news – you’re not locked in forever. You can cancel your membership whenever you need to.
Now, here’s the catch: apart from the membership fee, there might be some extra expenses down the road. These depend on how you decide to scale your business.
Things like buying a domain and hosting for your website, expanding your team, or investing in SEO and paid ads can add up.
One thing to note is that these additional expenses aren’t explicitly mentioned on the sales page, so it’s good to keep them in mind as you plan your journey with The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind.
The VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind Refund Policy
Basically, if you decide to cancel your Mastermind subscription within the first 30 days, you’ll get a refund for the days you haven’t used in that first month. It’s like a “no worries” policy.
The good news is that it seems like folks haven’t had any trouble getting their refunds. So, you can relax knowing that this guarantee is pretty solid.
With many online programs we’ve encountered, there’s often a bit of a gray area when it comes to refund policies. You see, sometimes these programs have these sneaky bits of fine print buried deep in their terms and conditions that can make getting a refund feel like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
It can be pretty frustrating when you think you’re getting a fair shot at a refund, only to find out it’s not as straightforward as it seemed.
Therefore it is refreshing that with Sam and Jo’s VA Foundry, it’s a different story. These two are all about transparency and fairness. They honor their refund policy for their VA Foundry students.
No hidden traps, no maze of terms to navigate. If you’re a VA Foundry student and you’ve got a legitimate reason for a refund, they will honor that.
What We Liked About The Scale It! Mastermind
- They keep the student numbers low, capping it at 30 per cohort. That’s good because it means you get heaps of personal attention. This is unlike other coaching programs where there are hundreds or thousands of students at a time and, therefore, you never get the personal touch.
- They teach you emerging tech trends. The virtual world is a whirlwind of change, especially with new AI tools like ChatGPT. The VA Foundry team, Sam and Jo, make sure you’re up to speed with the latest tech trends. No worries about being left behind as people move on to new ways of doing things.
- You have access to two experienced VAs who are at your service multiple times a week. This live, personalized support is rare. Navigating the VA business world can be tricky, but with VA Foundry, you’ve got a dynamic duo in your corner.
- Staying on track with your goals is a breeze here. They have a routine of setting intentions and checking in on your progress every week. It’s like having a coach to guide you through the game, and you’ve got a private Facebook group where the magic happens.
- If you can’t make it to a live session, they’ve got your back with replays. You won’t miss out on the valuable insights. You even have a treasure trove of past coaching sessions to delve into whenever you want.
Downsides of VA Foundry Scale It Mastermind
- First off, if you’re not in New Zealand or Australia, you might miss out on some parts of the course. A good chunk of the content is tailored to the logistics of starting a business in those regions—like tax laws, contracts, and financial practices. So, if you’re outside these areas, this info might not be directly applicable to you.
- They have a 30-day pro-rata refund option. Basically, you can ask for a refund within the first 30 days, and you’ll get back the amount for the remaining unused days. It’s a fair deal, but honestly, 30 days might not be enough time to fully assess if this course is the right fit for you. They probably have this policy to respect the live calls and effort put into them, which is understandable.
The VA Foundry Mastermind Alternatives
Here are some alternatives if you are looking to learn about becoming a successful virtual assistant
The Virtual Excellence Academy (VEA), created by the talented Hannah Dixon, is making waves in the virtual assistant world. Hannah knows her stuff, having carved out a successful path as a virtual assistant and entrepreneur.
Here’s the exciting part—Virtual Excellence Academy isn’t just one course; it’s a whole bunch of them. They cover everything from VA basics to fancy stuff like social media management, email marketing, and project management. They even promise to turn you into a DNK-certified virtual assistant.
Now, what’s inside the course? Over 60 video lessons, templates, scripts, and more to help you establish your VA business.
With VEA, you don’t need to be a seasoned pro to jump in. The course is built for everyone, no matter your level of experience. Plus, it’s taught by experienced VAs who’ll tell you what it takes to do well.
What you will like about Virtual Excellence Academy is that it isn’t about fluff and filler. It’s all about giving you the practical, real-world skills and knowledge you need to thrive in the VA universe. They’re laser-focused on preparing you for the demands of the industry.
The VA Handbook
The VA Handbook helps you figure out what kind of VA work would suit you best and then guides you through the whole setup process.
What’s neat about Joanne’s approach is that she’s all about playing to your strengths. She nudges you to focus on what you’re good at or what you can learn without pulling your hair out.
Now, the course isn’t all just videos and flashy stuff. It’s got a good chunk of written content, but they sprinkle in some videos and exercises to keep it engaging.
For instance, you’ll find a helpful screenshare video that walks you through identifying your strengths. Plus, there’s a workbook and a skills questionnaire to help you figure out your niche and what services you should offer.
You don’t just get the course. Joanne throws in a golden ticket—access to a special support group just for trainees. Inside, you nurture your mindset and grow into a confident business owner.
The VA Handbook’s got a pretty impressive track record. It’s helped over 1,000 virtual assistants delivering incredible value to their clients, and some of them have leveled up to running their own VA agencies.
The Savvy System
The Savvy System course is essentially a training program designed to mold individuals into proficient virtual assistants (VAs). It offers arguably the best virtual assistant training out of all the others.
It equips aspiring VAs with the essential skills, knowledge, and strategies needed to excel in the virtual assistance world. The course covers a wide array of topics, ranging from mastering administrative tasks to understanding digital marketing and everything in between.
What truly stands out about the Savvy System course is its comprehensive and practical approach. Unlike some generic courses, it delves into real-world scenarios and provides hands-on training.
This practical application helps individuals understand how to tackle challenges that are to be expected in a work setting.
Moreover, the Savvy System course stands out because of its focus on personal and professional growth. It doesn’t just stop at teaching VA skills but also delves into personal development, time management, and business acumen to help you set up your dream VA business.
Another notable aspect is the mentorship and community support. You get access to mentors and a community of fellow learners. This creates a nurturing environment where you can seek guidance, share experiences, and collaborate with others on similar journeys.
The VA Foundry Mastermind Verdict
To wrap things up, The VA Foundry Scale It! Mastermind looks like a pretty solid course if you want to boost your own successful VA businesses or become a top-earning freelancer working alone (you don’t need your very own VA business to join).
However, it seems to be mainly targeting those based in Australia and New Zealand. But hey, that doesn’t mean others can’t jump on board. It’s just that some of the content and context might be more tailored to that part of the world.
Now, if you’re outside of the land Down Under and Kiwi territory, don’t fret. There are plenty of other courses and resources out there that offer their virtual assistant training to a global audience. You might want to explore those options to find a fit that aligns more closely with your specific needs and location.
Remember, the beauty of the digital age is that you have a world of learning opportunities at your fingertips, no matter where you are.
Before you leave
If you’re tired of scams and want a real solution for making money online, check out my no.1 recommendation.
This is the best business to start in 2023 and made me over 27k last month alone:
David Fortune has been the editor NoBSIMReviews.com since 2019. He is an expert at writing content on stock advisory services, side hustles, reviewing online business opportunities and many more topics. You can learn more about David on our about us page.